Students of all levels develop individual artistry through an exceptional choral experience. Our voice specialists will help students build a foundation of skills in musicianship, vocal production, and stage presence through performance, rehearsals, and special sessions.
SPECIAL GUEST ARTIST: JAKE RUNESTAD
On August 2nd and 3rd, renowned composer and conductor, Jake Runestad, will present workshops, master classes, and conduct a performance of his own compositions.
Considered a “choral rockstar” by American Public Media, Jake Runestad is one of the most frequently performed and commissioned composers of choral music in the world having “…a particular knack for marrying powerful music to texts that speak to some of the most pressing and moving issues of our time” (Star Tribune). Learn more>>
- ELIGIBILITY: Students ages 14-18 (or, students entering grades 9 through students entering their first year of college) are eligible to participate in the Rutgers Choral Music Camp.
- AUDITON: An audition is required of all applicants. Learn more about auditions here.
- COMMUTER ONLY: The Rutgers Choral Music Camp is a commuter-only camp for 2018. A residential option will be considered in future years.
- FEES & DISCOUNTS
- Tuition is $750 per student. Lunch is included Monday through Friday.
- Refer-a-friend discount – no limit!
- Please note that all participants must be covered by a valid, US-based health insurance policy. Students requiring health insurance may purchase insurance at a weekly rate from Rutgers University at the time of registration.
- 8:30 – 9 a.m., Warmup
- 9 – 10 a.m., Sectionals
- 10:15 – 11:30 a.m., Rehearsal
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Special interest session
- 12:30 p.m., Lunch
- 1:15 – 2:15 p.m., Chamber ensemble rehearsal
- 2:30 – 3:45 p.m., Masterclass
- 3:45 – 4:30 p.m., Sectional rehearsals & workshops
- 4:30 – 5:30 p.m., Rehearsal